It seems everyone is into online dating today. Years back it was taboo to say you had met that special someone over the Internet as today it's become mainstream. Popular Internet dating sites like www.TheFitnessPersonals.com are making meeting that special someone increasingly easier. With this new medium for induction taking off with it comes some common sense and not so common sense rules to go by.
Hear are my top 10:
1. Only meet your date when you are 100% ready. You got to feel comfortable first. Make sure your 'gut' agrees with you head.
2. Keep it public. First date should be in a public place like a coffee shop or restaurant.
3. Meet at the date location – meaning DO NOT meet at your dates place of residence or yours. If the date goes really well you'll then have plenty of opportunity in the future to go there but not now.
4. Keep the date to a limit. Say 1 hour. That give you both plenty of time to get an idea if a connection exists plus it keeps the pressure off if one person can't wait for the date to be over. Remember – if it goes well then the next date can always be longer.
5. Make a friend aware. Let a friend know that you are going on a date with a new person and let that friend know where you are going to be. Agree to call your friend after the date to let him/her know everything is ok.
6. Make sure to have your cell phone with you and fully charged.
7. Avoid alcohol.
8. Do not leave your drink or food unattended. You don't know this person so don't trust too much from the beginning.
9 . Remember your gut. If it tell you things are off be ready to listen to it and simply end the date and leave.
10. Make sure when the date is over that you are not being followed so you get home safely.
Relationships take time to build and trust is something that shouldn't be given away in a matter of minutes, hours, or even days. Remember – follow your gut and you will know when it's right to take your relationship to the next level.