Speed dating is all the rage nowadays among city singles. This article talks about what virtual speed dating is, and how can it be accomplished through online singles sites.
So what is E - Speed Dating? Believe it or not, speed dating began in the late 1990’s by an orthodox rabbi as a method for unattached Jewish singles to meet other Jews therefore to avoid them from marrying outside of their religion. Jewish singles could meet other Jewish marriage candidates in a safe environment. The idea worked really well and was so popular that the secular community latched on to it, then a movement of sorts began.
In today's speed dating, prospects meet at a pub or café, usually on weekdays during dinner hour, participants are given a name tag and a notepad. Singles are matched up, and the “game” is off and running. Everyone sits down with their first possible match and five to seven minutes of getting equated ensue. A bell rings when time is up, each single marks on their card whether they decided if this person is somebody whom they wish to meet again, and the males move on to the next date, and introduce themselves to the next female. Later, if both people are agree, the organizers of the event hand out phone numbers. Usually everyone makes ten contacts during an evening, and around 50 per cent of all participants leave with at least one phone number.
So how can this be achieved online? There are at least two methods that a form of speed dating can be ran on an online dating service. The first involves using emails or private messaging through an online dating service, the second involves live chat rooms. Both need a little bit of time spent preparing them so that they go ahead without any hitches.
For e-mail online speed dating, you would include nine or eleven other singles, an equal mix of male and female, with the leftover single being the opposite sex from yourself (if you are not participating, use an equal number of singles, eg, five males, five females).
Arrangement as follows:
• allow five days for the “speed dates”to finish.
• All males would receive the e-mail or PM details of all of the participating females, and vice versa.
• Each online participant agrees to send a message to all of their potential dates within three days, requesting three questions (decide the number before inviting participating singles!) where they consider to be “must knows” regarding the singles they are considering to meet.
• Speed daters should then answer those questions no later than two days of receiving them.
• When the five days is up, each participant sends the administrator the list of their five or six contacts, together with a note beside every name whether they wish to communicate more with that person or they don't. The administrator sends responses back to each single with the number of their possible matches who have indicated mutual attraction. From there, it’s up to each person to continue contacting or not.
Chat rooms are in now time, so a day and a time would need to be arranged, together with determining which singles you will invite. Keep the group small, around ten to twelve couples, and if you decide to join in, be sure there is an odd number, and the odd one out being the opposite sex from yourself.
There are free Australian dating sites allowing groups which can be set up solely for this purpose: An internet speed date would work something similar to this:
• Determine the amount of time for the speed dates . Five or six minutes is suitable.
• You need to arrange the pairings in advance. For example, female number one meets with male number one, male two, male three, male four, and male five,in that order.
• Each person meets in the chat room at the agreed time, and the dates commence. At the organizer's signal, every couple goes to private messaging for the length of the five to seven minute meeting.
• As each date finishes, each person private messages the administrator with a yes or a no for each date they’ve just met with. At the administrators signal, the whole group then moves on to a private message dating session with the next person on the list.
•When the speed date ends, the organizer privately lets every participant know who is mutually interested in getting to know them better, issuing each person the e-mail details for their potential future matches. It’s as easy as that!
Why do virtual speed dating?
Those singles whose lives are hectic and who find themselves with little time to meet many other singles, speed dating is a fantastic way to establish a wider range of singles to select from, in a short period of time. Using one of the online methods of speed dating in conjunction with your favoured online dating service, you can dig much deeper than personal profiles offer and get a better idea of whether these singles are interesting enough to look into alittle more. And besides which… it’s fun and you might gain some new friends!
http://www.hookmeup.com.au Free Online Dating and Chat Rooms for Singles Internet Dating